Thursday, July 27, 2017

Here at RWA2017 in Orlando

I'm here! I made it to Orlando for #RWA17, the annual Romance of America writers conference. Imagine thousands of women, and men, mingling together in the drenching Florida heat in Mouseland, all here to discuss books, writing, drinking coffee in the morning and then wine at night. And then discuss more books!

I arrived yesterday and had lunch with two of my fav. peeps - Cindy Thomason and Sharon Hartley. We attended Mark Dawson's promotional workshop, where Mark proceeded to inform us of all his delish marketing tips, while the AC in the room was turned off so it made the salon into a giant humidor. V. good workshop.

Last night was dinner with my Harlequin editor and other romantic suspense authors, which was a lot of fun. I had the most delicious steak with mushroom sauce. Then it was off to the Daphne awards, where I had finaled with Navy Seal Seduction, my first Harlequin Romantic Suspense book. I didn't win, but had a great time and consumed some delicious chocolate!

Today it's breakfast with another friend, workshops, meeting with my editor, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of the Binder women later at a bar. And the Golden Heart luncheon and the RITA awards. And books. LOTS more books!

No comments: